PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE BOOKING BELOW
Pathlab is unable to provide any advice, under any circumstance regarding whether a PCR or RATs test is required for your travel - this is determined solely by the airline and/or destination country(s).
Pathlab do NOT test COVID positive people.
COVID PCR tests for non-surveillance reasons (including international pre-flight travel and private events) are available at the following collection facilities ONLY (except public holidays) by appointment: (SORRY, BUT WE DO NOT PROVIDE RATs.)
- Hamilton, 58 Tristram St, 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, 8am – 11.00am Saturdays (except public holidays)
- Tauranga, 2nd Ave, 8am – 12.30pm Monday to Friday, 8am – 11.00am Saturdays (some public holidays are available - check the calendars)
- Rotorua, 1225 Haupapa St, 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday, 8am – 11.00am Saturdays (except public holidays)
- Taupo, 114 Tuwharetoa St, 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
Pathlab collection facilities are NOT open for testing on Saturday afternoons, Sundays or public holidays. Clinics that will collect all COVID PCR tests on Sundays / public holidays are:
We recommend trying RakoScience or one of those listed below.
- Hamilton - Anglesea A&E, Tui St Andrews, Tui Rototuna, Victoria Clinic, Lake Clinic
- Tauranga - 2nd Ave A&E
- Rotorua - Lakes Primecare
How much will the test(s) cost?
The cost is $200 per person, per swab.
Countries and venues may have varying testing requirements, multiple swabs and / or tests may be required.
How long until I get my results?
- We guarantee to have your results to you within 24 hours from when the Rotorua or Tauranga laboratory receives the sample (not from when your swab is taken). The laboratory processes specimens 24/7, including public holidays. Alternatively you can use RakoScience
- Results are emailed to you – ensure to provide your correct email address and cell phone number when prompted at the time of booking your appointment. It is the responsibility of the traveler to ensure all details are correct on the result - please ensure to contact us if there are errors BEFORE going to the airport. QR codes are not available on our results.
- THIS IS AN EXAMPLE RESULT (<Example COVID PCR Result>)
- It is IMPORTANT to check your SPAM before contacting us. BUT it is also very important to phone us (07 858 0795) if you have not had your result after 24 hours. PLEASE DO NOT PHONE PATHLAB to ask about your result unless it has been at least 24 hours since your test.
- INDETERMINATE Result - sometimes a PCR test will reflect a weak positive which is deemed 'Indeterminate' on the results. This is usually due to residual COVID in a person's system or is early detection. It is at the discretion of the traveler's airline/destination country as to whether that result is accepted or not. There is no refund for an indeterminate result.
- POSITIVE Result - Pathlab is unable to 're-run' tests to prove/check a positive COVID result. No refunds are available for positive results.
Pathlab accepts no liability for flights or events missed. It is your sole responsibility to ensure you have ALL the correct information prior to making an appointment. Please refer to embassies, travel agents, event organisers, carriers or destinations for all current guidelines. There is no refunds for changed or missed flights or events.
How do I get a medical certificate?
- Pathlab is not able to provide a doctor's signed medical certificate. We can only give you the results of your COVID PCR test. Any signed medical certificate will need to be obtained from a medical doctor.
How do I make a booking?
- Have your passport ready - we need your name as it is written in your passport.
- Know the correct email address you want the results sent to.
- Be completely sure of the timelines / criteria expected from your airline / country of destination.
- STRICTLY 1x person per 1x 15 minute slot. (4x in the family? = 4x 15 minute slots, 1 hour)
Pathlab do NOT test COVID positive people.
Are you a permitted worker or employer of permitted workers driving across Alert level boundaries? Register for a saliva test.
Example COVID PCR Result
Example COVID PCR and IgM Result
How can I get a COVID PCR test for surveillance testing or you have symptoms?
- If you have COVID symptoms you must contact Healthline or your doctor who will advise you on testing and isolation.
- If you don’t have symptoms and need the tests for other reasons, i.e surveillance, please contact your local CTC / CBAC or GP.
Pathlab no longer takes COVID PCR swabs without a doctor's referral.